This Asian Responses to Imperialism: Crash Course World History #213 video also includes:
World history is full of the glorious fanfare of the expansion of Western civilization, but was it perceived that way by the Eastern hemisphere? High schoolers watch a video from Crash Course World History to learn more about how Western imperialism and nationalism led to both careful adaptation and outright rejection on the other side of the world.
- Connect to a lesson on Western and Eastern civilizations
- Have class members watch the video on their own, either at home or in a computer lab, and return to a class discussion about the relationship between the establishment of a city-state and imperialism
- Narration moves quickly; if you plan on showing the video in class, consider pausing at key moments to elaborate
- Comment section is open to the public
- Provides a lesson plan and worksheet that aligns with the same themes from the video
- Entertaining and engaging