This Asthma: Grades 6-8 lesson plan also includes:
Two activities teach middle schoolers about asthma and how it can affect people's lives. After reading a series of articles and watching two videos that provide background information about asthma, pupils design an interactive game that teaches players about asthma. Also, individuals write and illustrate a news story about what happens inside the bronchial tubes of a person having an asthma flare-up.
- Invite a game developer to speak with the class about key features of interactive game design
- Offer class members the option of working independently on their interactive game or with a group
- Requires computers with internet access
- Be sensitive to the fact that some class members may have asthma
- The videos tell the story of two teens that have asthma
- Includes information about asthma triggers and how to avoid them