What do you get when astronomers rewrite beloved children's songs? THIS! Hear the tune Twinkle Twinkle Little Star as it was meant to be — from a scientist's perspective. Physics scholars follow along to a scientifically correct version of what's really going on with those twinkling lights in the sky, including meteors, black holes, and supernovae.
- Challenge learners to make up additional twinkling events based on interactions between heavenly bodies
- Use the video to finish a space unit in a hilarious way
- Some prior knowledge of astronomy is helpful, but it is not entirely necessary to enjoy the song
- Thoughtful lyrics manage to rhyme while staying true to their descriptions of astronomical events
- Animations accompany each verse to help pupils visualize the phenomenon responsible for the twinkle