This Astronomy Tell It Again!™ Read-Aloud Anthologys unit plan also includes:
A read-aloud anthology focuses on astronomy. Each week for three weeks, first graders are introduced to and listen to a text, answer comprehension questions, then complete extensions that include a learning activity and skills practice. Take-home materials are available.
- Align the unit with a science unit that covers astronomy
- Create a themed focus wall that goes along with the unit's concepts
- Part six in an 11-uni series created by Core Knowledge for first graders
- Requires projection to view images and ample prep time to copy the many documents needed and gather other materials
- The unit scaffolds information from unit to unit and within the lesson; complete the unit or series in order
- Provides plenty of information and detail to plan and execute the unit successfully