How are atoms structured? Viewers of the video first learn about atoms and atomic structure, including the nucleus and electron shells. The video then describes how atomic numbers and atomic masses are expressed on atomic symbols. You'll also know how to do a gedankenexperiment, or thought experiment, when you're done watching!
- Use the video as an intervention tool
- Have learners pick their favorite element and write out its atomic structure using symbolic notation
- Video describes protons, neutrons, and electrons, so the resource is great as an introductory lesson
- Clear and concise explanations
- Color coding allows viewers to see which part of the atomic structure is expressed in the symbolic notation
- The diagram of the atom in the video lacks detail