This Atoms with More Than One Electron activity & project also includes:
Provide young chemists with the ability to manipulate atoms and predict their results, in this sixth lesson. Pupils analyze energy patterns as they predict the amount of energy required to remove electrons from atoms. They compare trends in the stability of various atoms within the periodic table and discuss the rationale behind its structure.
- Have students create a model of a chosen atom discussed in the activity
- Instruct learners to research the history of the periodic table and discuss it with the entire class
- Provide each pupil with an individual copy of the periodic table and assist when needed
- Detailed steps allow students to complete the activity as a group or individually
- Questions presented at the beginning of lesson allow for expansion of concepts
- Document permissions do not allow for printing