This Attack of the Aphids! lesson plan also includes:
Insects threaten the food production industry, and aphids are one of the big players! Analyzing data of aphid populations gives insight into their behaviors. Learners model the population data of an uninhibited population with an exponential function and an inhibited population with a logistic function.
- Record exponential and logistic function models in a graphic organizer with an example and illustration
- Use to introduce logistic functions after studying exponential models
- Expects a strong understanding of exponential patterns and regression models
- Includes a student activity sheet they can follow through the lesson
- Provides a rubric to assess final presentation materials