This Australian Aboriginal Art and Storytelling lesson plan also includes:
Young explorers investigate Australian Aboriginal culture by listening to traditional Dreamtime stories and examining dot paintings created by Aboriginal artists. In addition, they locate the country on maps, discuss the geography of Australia, and study some of the unique animals found there.
- Enlarge and laminate some of the dot paintings and post them about the room during the lesson
- If possible, bring in Australian Aboriginal musical instruments like the didjeridu, the bullroarer, and the gum-leaf
- Videos of Aboriginals playing these instruments are available on YouTube
- Requires additional prep time to bookmark websites, download and duplicate documents, and to read the teachers materials on Aboriginal life and history
- The Dreamtime stories are available in both audio and text form
- Links are provided to all required materials