Who knew determining author's purpose could be turned into a game? Four teams compete to correctly identify the author's purpose for writing a series of passages.
193 Views 166 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Play the game a few times, mixing up teams so that learners have the opportunity to search for passages that fit each of the categories (inform, entertain, persuade, or explain)
- Hold a discussion afterward to talk about why certain passages fit in certain categories
- While this is just a sample from a larger collection of curriculum resources, it is very good in and of itself
- The passages are included
- Provides instructions for how to set up and play the game