This Autumn lesson plan also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
Take a walk through the forest as the leaves change color and fall from the trees, making way for a new ecosystem cycle to cycle through. An inquiry-based lesson plan examines how the process of decomposition eliminates tons of biomass from the forest floor, and how the autumn season paves the way for a fruitful spring.
- References a videotape to accompany the lesson plan, but any online video about decomposition during autumn (like this one) would be a good substitute
- Designed with a nature walk in mind; if you don't have access to an area with a lot of falling leaves, consider bringing in elements of nature for learners to observe
- Includes helpful worksheets that are versatile for other assignments
- Promotes critical thinking and observational learning