This Average Atomic Masses lesson plan also includes:
Facilitate learning by using small objects to teach the principles of atomic mass in your science class. Pupils determine the average mass of varying beans as they perform a series of competitive experiments. They gather data and conclude the activity by discussing the results of each competition.
- Have learners build a three-dimensional atom using edible candies or art supplies and display these in the class
- Assign each learner a research topic to uncover more about subatomic particles
- Make sure the class has an understanding of scientific equipment used for this activity
- The competitiveness of this activity excites learners and engages the entire class to reach a common goal
- May be modified for small or large groups depending on the needs of each class