Can you avoid static shocks? As part of a larger physics series, an electric video explains what a static shock is and why it happens. Then, the narrator offers an idea for reducing your shock when exiting a car. She also includes a few related variables that many don't consider.
- List and test other ideas for getting rid of static electricity
- Discuss in more detail why humidity is an important variable
- Relies on prior knowledge of static shock and the properties of metals
- Applies to everyday life for many people
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes
- Provides closed captioning in Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish for ease of note taking