This Awesome Adaptations lesson plan also includes:
Engaged learners discover how an owl beak works and how animals adapt to their environment. This task is part one of a three-part series.
189 Views 126 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Adaptable
- Set up and preparation time is needed
- Make sure young scientists have a notebook to record their observations
- Assignment can easily be adapted to Spanish or another language
- This is a unit broken into three sections; highly recommend doing all three sections
- Get donations: Asian restaurant to donate chopsticks, grocery chain to donate expired rice and beans etc.
- Contact your zoo or local wildlife expert with ample time to visit class as guest speaker
- Take into consideration the values of your community when using owls
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Allows for outside guest speaker and class presentation
- Students will remember this unit based on differentiated instruction, hands-on experiment, visual aids, and live animals in the classroom or a visit to the zoo
- Need ample time to get donations and schedule guest speaker