Going back to school doesn't have to be scary! Brainstorm what Back to School means with a concept web graphic organizer.
16 Views 13 Downloads
- Have class members work on the assignment independently as soon as they sit down at their desks on the first day of school; discuss and collect the pages to assess how they are feeling
- Prompt learners to turn their brainstorm into a narrative essay or journal entry about how they feel about the first day of school
- Hand out to teachers during a professional development inservice to get ready for the coming school year
- Designed for special education classes, but beneficial for mainstream classes as well
- Versatility makes the page appropriate for any grade level
- Lends well to a discussion on adjectives or parts of speech