This Balsa Glider Competition lesson plan also includes:
Change one variable and try again. Teams build basic balsa gliders and collect data on their flight distances and times. Through collaboration, the team decides on two modifications to make to the basic design and collect data for the two new gliders. The activity is the 20th segment in an aviation series of 22.
- Allow teams to collaborate and build a glider that combines the best designs from each team
- Each team needs four balsa glider kits
- The activity requires a large space to test the gliders and measure distance and time
- Contains ideas for extensions
- Includes a template to capture each team's data