Banana slugs eat animal droppings and leaves, all while generating waste that acts as a fertilizer. The video explains the slug's role in the ecosystem. It highlights the benefits of the slime for slugs' movement, food source, and even human engineering.
- Make slime in the classroom and view the residue it leaves behind with a magnifying glass and a microscope
- Discuss the commercial applications for slime
- High-definition video may bother some sensitive pupils
- Includes subtitles for ELLs
- Works well in a traditional or a flipped classroom