This Basic Automotive Maintenance (Part 1) - YouTube video also includes:
Wish you knew more about car maintenance? Make sure your class members are prepared with this incredibly valuable knowledge, whether you're teaching an auto shop class or some other type of life skills course. Here you'll find a video that reviews some essential tasks of automotive maintenance, from how to check vital fluids to replacing an air filter or checking tire pressure.
- Pause video at 00:14 and have your class members copy down the list of car maintenance tasks, with some room underneath each item for notes
- Learners should know some basic automotive terms, such as hydraulic fluid and coolant level, before beginning video
- Instruct younger learners to have adult supervision before attempting any work on cars
- Provides overview of most essential car maintenance tasks, while also offering an opportunity for a hands-on learning experience
- Emphasizes importance of checking owner's manual for individual car needs