This Basic Trigonometric Identities from Graphs lesson plan also includes:
Have young mathematicians create new identities! They explore the even/odd, cofunction, and periodicity identities through an analysis of tables and graph. Next, learners discover the relationships while strengthening their understanding of the functions.
- Create collaborative groups and allow classes to work through the activities independently
- Have learners start a record of the trigonometric identities studied
- Class members should have a strong understanding of the graph of a sine and cosine function
- The 10th in a series of 19 lessons
- Uses questioning techniques to lead learners to conclusions
- Provides scaffolding instructions to differentiate