This Be the Change... activity & project also includes:
An engaging lesson empowers individuals to make a difference in the community. Pupils work together to identify problems within the community and draft possible solutions. Scholars then take it to the next level by volunteering their time to enact their solutions and reflect on their experiences with journal entries and group discussions.
- Schedule class time for service providers to speak about their roles in the community
- Have learners speak to the school about what they learned from the experience
- Instructor must arrange service opportunities and secure school permission before starting the lesson
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The lesson includes a field trip component
- Provides English learners with a chance to practice their growing skills in a community setting