This Becoming a Writer | Little Women video also includes:
How much of Jo's relationship with her writing is based on Louisa May Alcott's struggle to keep both her artistic integrity and her family finances afloat? Watch a short clip from a longer documentary on the author of Little Women that depicts Louisa and her father arguing about the value of money, livelihoods, and being true to oneself.
- Assign the reading and/or the video as homework the night before a class discussion
- Include in a unit on female writers or during Women's History Month
- Most effective if learners have prior knowledge of Jo's character and the context of Little Women
- Attached materials include student guide and teaching tips for using the video in the classroom
- Includes several options for assigning the video digitally