This Becoming an Informed Voter: Creating Initiatives lesson plan also includes:
Continuing from a previous instructional activity on how to read and analyze proposed legislation on election ballots, your class members will now practice writing up their own proposals for a new school rule or local ordinance that will be discussed and voted on together in class.
- Since the first segment of the lesson plan primarily involves direct instruction and vocabulary review, consider incorporating some vocabulary strategy work or activities in your own textbook on such concepts as direct democracy or popular sovereignty
- This is the second segment of a two-part lesson that emphasizes a voter's need to be fully informed prior to casting his/her vote
- Lesson 2b begins on the last page of the lesson plan document
- You will need to download the zip file in order to access the lesson and materials
- Engaging and appropriate student assessment
- Vocabulary list included