This Bedbugs. Seriously!? video also includes:
Want to drastically reduce the number of naps attempted in class? Show a video about bedbugs! Learners discover a pest so persistent that entomologists are confounded by their resilience and adaptability. The narrator discusses our long-term relationship with bedbugs, how they vanished due to DDT, and how modern pesticides seem to have no effect on their ever-increasing numbers.
- Use the video as a starter for a metamorphosis lesson, as bedbugs have an intermediate nymph stage
- Assign a research project on bedbugs and the methods used to remove them once an infestation begins
- Some pupils may have personal experience with bedbugs, so it is important to stress that the creatures are very common in homes around the world
- Content sheds light on how humans have unwittingly contributed to the bedbug problem through pesticide use and extensive travel
- Narrator builds the story from prehistory to present day, illustrating the evolution of the bedbug