This Being a Safety Star (Stage 3) unit also includes:
A spark of static electricity contains up to 3,000 volts, while a lightning strike contains around 3,000,000 volts. To understand electricity, its power, and the safety considerations relating to it learners engage in a comprehensive two-week unit that helps them understand the forms of energy with the aid of interactives, hands-on, and collaborative work.
- The resource asks for the emergency phone number in Australia; edit to reflect your arrea
- Schedule a field trip to a power station, transfer station, or invite someone from the local electric company to speak to the class
- Requires an interactive whiteboard
- Includes extension ideas for some lessons
- Provides answer keys for all paperwork and discussions