Your class may be able to recite Newton's Third Law of Motion ... but do they actually believe it? See a simple, yet impactful explanation of inertia in a short video that discloses the facts on how much gravitational force Earth exerts on the moon— and vice versa then discusses how mass plays a factor in their behavior.
- Perform some demonstrations of Newton's Third Law after watching the video
- Create a before-and-after quick journaling assignment around the content of the video to allow pupils to demonstrate understanding
- Junior physicists may need some coaching on Newton's laws before viewing the resource
- Interview subjects provide many explanations for the moon orbiting Earth with humorous results
- The narrator's gentle guidance keeps the content from straying too far into misconception