This Best Fit Lines video also includes:
What fits best? Pupils watch a video that reviews creating a scatter plot. Learners develop an understanding of correlation and determine whether it is moderate, strong, or none as well as positive or negative. Finally, they use a graphing calculator to find the equation of a curve of best fit to solve problems and use the problems in the worksheet to practice the new skills.
- Ask class members to find strange variables that show a strong correlation but no causation
- Requires learners to be able to plot on a coordinate plane to create a scatter plot
- Serves as the second lesson in a four-part unit
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes an exit ticket to check for understanding
- Contains an additional practice set to help with mastery