This BIG Pumpkins! lesson plan also includes:
How big is the biggest pumpkin you've ever seen? Did it weigh over a ton—literally? Young learners view pictures of some record-breaking pumpkins, including some that weighed over 1,300 pounds, before answering five word problems about the weights of the pumpkins.
- Include as a warm-up activity or homework assignment on Halloween
- Have class members share their stories with peers and in front of the class if they'd like
- Latest record is from 2003; have class members research additional records to enhance the activity
- Addresses both rounding and addition skills
- Includes narrative writing exercises