This Bill of Rights: Do I Have a Right? lesson plan also includes:
Aliens have taken over the United States! Citizens can only keep two rights laid out in the first 10 amendments of the Constitution and must figure out which ones are best. Young scholars research the importance of each amendment and key court cases around these precious rights to make their cases using the activities and resources in the lesson plan.
- Have learners research the importance of an individual amendment in the Bill of Rights to argue in favor of the most important
- Ask pupils to present their arguments to the rest of the class using Prezi or another electronic format
- Class members need access to the Internet or another research resource to complete the activities
- Lesson is interactive and requires building collaboration skills
- Resource is easy to scaffold for a variety of skill levels
- Some resource links no longer work