This Bimodel Botany Bouquet lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Gardeners are given an individual plant specimen from a bouquet of local rain garden plants. They group up by their plant type and then make observations together, name the plant, and introduce it to the rest of the class. You then share the scientific and common name for each plant and hold a discussion about the plants. This activity can stand alone as an introduction plant taxonomy, or it can be used as part of the unit created by the University of Wisconsin Arboretuem.
- Part of a larger unit on rain gardens
- Designed by a reputable institution
- Provides teacher with plenty of background information, additional resources, extension ideas, and assessment suggestions
- Specific plants and their names are not provided; you will need to collect and identify plants native to your area prior to conducting this lesson