Twinkle, twinkle little star(s)? Many of the stars above us are not alone! The narrator in the video explains the delicate balance present in binary and multiple star systems. Pupils learn about stars that orbit one another—and even touch! Sometimes, all this togetherness is not a good thing; paired stars can influence one another's lifespan in destructive ways.
- The resource makes a great expansion on a star lesson
- Show examples of easy-to-locate constellations that contain binary and multiple stars
- Consider reviewing star types before watching the video
- Reinforces concepts from earlier lessons about stars throughout the video using familiar vocabulary
- The resource highlights a variety of tools and methods used to discover multiple star systems, giving the class exposure to new scientific methods and equipment