A creative way bring autobiographical writing to your poetry unit or back-to-school curriculum, this lesson plan guides you through a bio poem activity. Kids use the graphic organizer to describe themselves using adjectives, things they love, and what they would like to do.
- Use the attached worksheets to create bio poems about historical figures or fictional characters
- Have kids create Wordle versions of their poems on a computer lab day, or on their own computers for homework
- Keep the poems that kids create in the first week of school, and give them back in the last week of school so they can see the ways that they have changed
- Have partners interview each other and create bio poems about what they discover about the other person
- Comes with many worksheets for different ways to assign the bio poem, as well as a page of links to other resources