One skill essential to reading comprehension, is learning how to summarize a text. After reading a biography of Abraham Lincoln, readers demonstrate this ability by crafting a brief summary of Lincoln's life.
77 Views 71 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- The exercise may be used to model how to summarize, or as an assessment of this skill
- The exercise is designed to address Common Core standards
- The exercise assumes readers have experience writing summaries
- The passage contains key information about Lincoln's life and accomplishments
- To successfully complete the assignment, readers must have experience recognizing key details and crafting generalizations