This Biolite - Fire to Phone Charging lesson plan also includes:
Provide the spark to foster a love of science. Instructors perform a demonstration that uses a camping stove to generate electricity to charge a phone. Pupils use data from the experiment to the calculate the efficiency of the stove. Hint: It's really, really low.
- Take learners outside for the demonstration using the stove
- Scholars must be familiar with energy transformations
- Sixth of seven lessons in the Off the Grid unit
- Requires a camping stove and fuel (sticks or wood chips)
- Includes suggestions for lesson extensions
- Gives a set of example calculations to reference