People once recommended that you should wear a mask when spraying DDT onto the skin of the food you would later eat. The video explains biomagnification and the impact that giving toxins to producers has on the largest consumers. It uses the real-life example of DDT and bald eagles.
- Use handouts from the publisher's website to accompany the video
- Requires no prior knowledge
- Lesson works well in a flipped classroom or a traditional setting
- The 32nd video in a series of 33
- Engaging cartoon graphics help students visualize the toxins being passed up the food chain
- Authors monitor the comments for foul language