This Biomes of the World lesson plan also includes:
Incorporate knowledge about biomes and ecosystems in multiple ways while encouraging creativity. Emerging ecologists collaborate and perform research to complete a graphic organizer about various biomes of the world. They conclude the activity by creating a poster to demonstrate a chosen biome, depicting its intricacies and food web for class discussion.
- Each individual should create and describe an imaginary organism, complete with several specific adaptations, that could live in a particular biome
- Divide the class into groups and have each one create a slideshow presentation describing what would occur if pollution destroyed elements necessary for biome survival
- Provide examples of creative organisms to help students who may feel less creative
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- May be modified and used for differentiated instruction as needed
- No preparation or cleanup is necessary