Why Lesson Planet?
Electrical current going round and round,produces a magnetic field. After a demonstration of the magnetic field surrounding an electrical wire, class members use the provided formula associated with Biot-Savart's Law to calculate the magnetic field produced in an electrical loop.
- Provide additional examples for class do prior to assigning the homework for them to complete individually
- Find videos on the Biot-Savart Law on the Internet and share with the class
- To do the demonstration, create a 2-turn coil of wire with a 1.5-foot diameter
- The seventh in a 14-part series
- The homework comes with an answer document
- The plan includes directions for a demonstration of the magnetic field around a current carrying wire
- The plan does not provide a clear instructional strategy
- Biot-Savart Law Homework
- Biot-Savart Law Homework Answers