This Birds that Hibernate in Lakes?! video also includes:
Birds seem to disappear at various times of the year, and many early theories about this phenomenon turned out to be wrong. The video introduces two of these theories as well as how scientists learned the truth. It explains a few different tracking methods used and the pros and cons of each for different bird populations.
- Discuss the reasons for migration and the seasonal changes
- Research the various tracking devices that help scientists track birds
- Remember public comment sections allow language often appropriate for the classroom
- Offers subtitles in seven languages for English learners
- Color coding and easy-to-understand maps support the content