This Black Hole interactive also includes:
What happens to radio waves, time, and light in and near a black hole? Young scientists explore what is known about observing frequency and time at various distances from a black hole. They control the size of the black hole and the object's distance from it, among other things. Challenge questions in the simulator encourage higher-level thinking.
- Read some of the current research on black holes, such as when two black holes merged in 2017
- Must sign up for a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of kilometers, hertz, megahertz, and how to read an analog clock
- Offers answers to all on-level questions on the worksheet
- Includes links to four related content topics for further extension ideas