Race to learn the insight of Sir Isaac Newton. A helpful video uses speed skating to explain Newton's laws of motion. Force, acceleration, mass, and momentum all work together to make a successful speed skating race.
4 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Adaptable
- As a formative assessment, have pupils explain each of Newton's laws of motion using skating as an example
- Include the video as an introduction to a unit on Newton's laws of motion
- Requires a basic understanding of force, acceleration, and momentum
- Uses language that is understandable to a wide range of grade levels
- Includes diagrams to illustrate concepts