The blogosphere may be overwhelmed with content, but there's still room for unique points of view. Creating a blog that stands out, however, is the bigger challenge. A handout on blogs, part of a series of handouts on specific writing types, outlines how to choose a blog topic and layout, as well as the basics of creating and publishing posts. The information helps beginning bloggers gain an overview of the process to achieve online success.
- Use a free blogging platform, such as WordPress, to create a blog to immediately put the suggestions to use
- After choosing a topic, search for existing blogs related to the topic and see if there's a unique angle to pursue
- Assumes learners have virtually no knowledge about how to create a blog
- Bullet points make it easy to skim and scan the information
- Despite covering a lot of topics, the resource provides very little information