Bond some basic chemistry knowledge to the brains of your students with this short instructional video. After first identifying metals and non-metals on the period table, the presenter continues on to explain the types of materials involved in metallic, ionic, polar, and non-polar covalent bonds.
- Use this video to supplement instruction during an introduction to chemical bonds
- Assign this video as homework in your flipped chemistry classroom
- Create a note-taking guide to accompany this video
- The teacher will have to provide for a more detailed explanation of what actually occurs with each type of bonding
- Video allows students to demonstrate their learning by completing a series five practice problems
- Clear explanations are provided for each type of chemical bond
- Answers to the practice problems are given, but no explanations are provided