This Bone Density Challenge Introduction lesson plan also includes:
Can you use X-rays to measure bone mineral density? This is the essential question that learners must answer in the first installment of a seven-part series. They brainstorm ideas about necessary background information and what they already know about X-rays and bone density.
- Conduct a cross-curricular lesson with the math, science, and technology departments
- There is an associated activity for the lesson, so allow time in class or plan to complete it the next day
- Lesson assumes the class has journals for writing; if these are not available, have individuals write in their notebooks
- Provides links to websites for further information
- This is not a fully fledged lesson; it only provides an introduction to unit