Why Lesson Planet?
An MRI uses both a magnetic and electricity, so how do the two interact with each other? Class members observe the effects on a charged particle when it is subject to both an electrical and magnetic field. The teacher background information covers the Hall effect, the velocity selector, and the charge to mass ratio. Examples show how to make the associated calculations for the new topics.
- Have the class research the Hall Effect and other uses
- Class should have a basic understanding of electric fields
- Review the mathematical equations in the examples and be familiar with the variables and how they work
- The sixth part in a 14-part series
- The answer key and examples show all the mathematical steps in determining the solution
- The lesson includes a homework assignment that you can use as an assessment
- The lesson plan does not outline an instructional strategy
- Velocity Selector, Charge to Mass Ratio, Hall Effect Homework
- Velocity Selector, Charge to Mass Ratio, Hall Effect Homework Solutions