The key to understanding conditional probability is understanding the context of the problem presented. The video presents two questions with a subtle difference between them, then teaches scholars to decipher the difference and understand how that affects the calculation.
- Ask pupils to create as many questions as they can from the same data set, and have them identify the questions that model conditional probability
- Use a graphic organizer to record examples of conditional probability and some that are not conditional probability
- Requires Internet access to view the YouTube video
- Tthe third probability lesson in a series of six
- The presentation explains the content clearly and uses images to clarify difficult concepts
- Includes an explanation of probability notation