Learn about how the seeing eye dog program began with a reading lesson about Eva Moore's chapter book, Buddy, The First Seeing Eye Dog. With vocabulary words, discussion questions, and extension resources, the lesson is a great way for individuals to think about other ways that people can see the world.
- Include in a reading comprehension assessment or language arts packet
- Have your class research Buddy, the history of seeing eye dogs, or another prominent figure who overcame adversity using the links provided
- Consider adding more complex questions when discussing the book
- Provides helpful additions to the lessons, as well as important plot points on a timeline and vocabulary lists
- Encourages youngsters to think about the ways that people overcome adversity
- Discussion questions are mostly comprehension level