This Build a Plankton Net activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Give household materials new life by turning them into a plankton net. Scholars design and build a net to collect and filter plankton from water. They test out their creations by using glitter to represent plankton. The nets need to direct the plankton into a separate container, and participants must be able to reuse them for the activity.
- If there is a nearby pond, have learners actually try out their collection devices
- Team up with a biology or environmental science teacher to create a cross-curricular lesson
- Lesson requires a variety of materials; see resource for complete list
- Includes a diagram of plankton net as a reference
- Provides separate questions for younger and older pupils