This Build a Straw Bridge activity & project also includes:
Build teamwork skills while building a bridge. Scholars work together in groups to create a bridge out of 20 straws and tape. There is a minimum span length of 25 centimeters, but otherwise, let creativity run wild.
23 Views 25 Downloads
- Have pupils research different types of bridges in a journal entry
- A large number of straws and pennies (or other small objects) is necessary for the activity
- Some familiarity with bridges and structural integrity is beneficial
- Gives some activity variations to consider
- Describes engineering and science connections