This Building a Piezoelectric Generator activity & project also includes:
In pairs, learners build a piezoelectric generator from readily available electric components in the second and final installment of the two-part series. Tapping the piezoelectric element produces enough electricity to light an LED. Class members gain hands-on experience with turning waste energy into electrical energy, which requires calculating stored and converted energy.
- Invite an electrical engineer to help out with the activity
- Pupils should have knowledge of piezoelectricity from the previous lesson
- Internet access is necessary if using additional multimedia support (YouTube videos)
- Requires several different types of electrical components
- Lists some safety issues and troubleshooting tips
- Instructions include diagrams and clear pictures for each step of the building process