This Building Boxes activities & project also includes:
Build foundational knowledge of volume by building boxes. Given dimensions for a piece of grid paper, young mathematicians determine the number of possible open-top boxes it will make. As part of this task, they also find the box with the greatest volume.
- Provide grid paper so learners can actually build the boxes
- Scholars should have experience with volumes of rectangular prisms
- If you have pupils build actual boxes, the activity requires centimeter cubes
- Includes worksheets for the activity
- Lets teachers download or print the resource as a worksheet
- Students must access images, which is a bit cumbersome