This Building Functions: Reverse to Inverse lesson plan also includes:
Reverse the wrapping to get to the gift. Using the idea of unwrapping a gift, the lesson introduces the concept of inverses. Pupils first determine the order needed to evaluate a function at a point, then use the reverse to find the inverse of the function. They graph the function and the inverse and compare the domains and ranges.
- Develop a list of operations and their associated inverse operations
- Individuals need access to Desmos or another graphing utility
- The class should understand the terminology used with functions
- Uses multiple representations to the inverse function
- Includes a link as an intervention for learners struggling with the order of operations