Middle schoolers explore the concept of core democratic values. After completing a survey of student populations regarding bullying, small groups analyze their findings and present their findings to the Student Council, principal, or the School Board for possible action.
- Create an interdisciplinary project with math and social studies
- Encourage learners to compare their efforts with survey results found in additional research
- The fourth part of a larger unit on citizenship and advocacy
- Requires two to three class periods
- Promotes community involvement and awareness of social issues
- Aligns academic standards with important real-world concepts
Included Materials - Join to Access